Vascular & Interventional Physicians is a section within the Southern Radiology Division of Spectrum Medical Group. We are comprised of nine physicians who have undergone 10 years of medical training to specifically treat diseases using state-of-the art technology in a minimally invasive manner.
With any procedure or treatment, the higher the volume of cases performed translate to greater success rates and fewer complications. Because we have undergone both residency and additional subspecialty fellowship training specifically for image-guided minimally invasive therapy and also perform these procedures every day of the week, 24 hours a day, we are the most skilled physicians in performing these treatments. We are proud of our clinical outcomes and the long term relationships we build with our patients and their families. The patient testimonials in this website are a small sampling of our successes.
We promise to always put our patient’s needs first. The wishes of the patient and their families will always be placed at the highest priority and we will always be available to provide counsel and medical care as needed: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Interventional Physician Specialties
Our specialties include:
- Biopsies (Liver, Lung, Thyroid, Kidney, Bone, Lymph nodes)
- Drainages (Fluid Collections)
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy Tube Placement
- IVC Filter Placement / Retrieval
- Tunneled Catheter Placement
At Vascular & Interventional Physicians, we hold ourselves to the highest standard for not only practicing cutting-edge medicine, but evidence-based medicine to ensure our patients our treatments are not just new, but safe and effective.
We also believe in helping our field, our colleagues and our patients by contributing to the medical knowledge on how best to treat difficult diseases. We are currently actively involved or leading several large national multi-center clinical trials in the United States:
- DVT Clinical Trial - $10.3 million NIH-sponsored U.S. trial for the best treatment of Deep Venous Thrombosis
- Painful Bone Metastases Clinical Trial – NIH sponsored U.S. trial comparing cryotherapy to radiation therapy for the treatment of bone metastases.
- Liver Cancer Registry – U.S. Multi-Center clinical trial examining the safety and effectiveness of using a novel chemotherapy-delivering bead for the treatment of primary and metastatic liver cancers.
By participating and leading these research trials, we assure our patients we are committed to offering them the latest in medical care and also help further the field of medicine.
Did You Know? We treat varicose veins and spider veins? Varicose veins are swollen veins which protrude in a rope-like manner under the skin. Normal veins, by virtue of one-way valves, channel blood against gravity up the leg and back to the heart. When a valve becomes defective, it allows blood flow to leak back down the leg resulting in congestion and swelling of the vein. This is a medical condition called Venous Insufficiency.